September 28, 2023—September 29, 2023
9:00am to 5:00pm
Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training 2 day course – College of Law (Face to Face in Sydney)
Enhance your career and skills using the Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice (ICP) model as either a lawyer, coach or expert consultant. This two-day introductory short course meets the minimum training requirement to be eligible for membership at the Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals.
ICP is a proven method of alternative dispute resolution that emphasises a team-based holistic approach to managing a family breakdown and resolving disputes. The model elevates principled negotiation through a structured collaborative process as an alternative to adversarial bargaining through the prism of actual or potential litigation.
The course is delivered Face to Face at the College of Law Sydney – Level 2, 570 George Street, Sydney.
By participating in this course, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the ICP approach, the key roles, the participation agreement and ground rules
- Learn how to screen for whether ICP is appropriate in the circumstances of a dispute
- Understand how to facilitate interest-based, principled negotiations at 5-way and 3-way meetings and manage team dynamics
- Analyse scenarios and practice applying the ICP model and skills via practical exercises
- Practice methods for overcoming impasses
- Understand how to approach issues of confidentiality and professional ethics
- Meet the eligibility training requirements to apply for membership to the Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Receive a Certificate of Completion